Just in time for the holidays, tickets to the Winterlicious 2016 Culinary Event Series are now on sale. Presented by Interac Association and produced by the City of Toronto, Winterlicious – Toronto’s favourite culinary celebration – returns on January 29 and runs through February 11.
The Culinary Event Series features 11 unique culinary events. As part of the promotion, prix fixe lunch and dinner menus will be offered at more than 200 Toronto restaurants. Information on the Winterlicious Culinary Event Series and the Prix Fixe Program is available at toronto.ca/winterlicious.
“The Winterlicious and Summerlicious programs were recently ranked in the top three all-time favourite festivals, fairs and events in Field Day’s fourth annual Toronto entertainment survey,” said Councillor Michael Thompson, Chair of the City’s Economic Development Committee. “The event’s outstanding success is based on our strong partnerships with restaurants and corporate partners, and the enthusiasm of the public and visitors to our city.”
“Winterlicious is one of the most anticipated gastronomical experiences of the season and we are delighted to return as Presenting Sponsor,” said Caroline Hubberstey, Head of External Affairs, Interac Association. “When diners choose to pay for their meals with INTERAC Debit, they are choosing a payment method that is secure, convenient and one of the lowest cost options for merchants.”
The 2016 Culinary Event Series features 11 one-of-a-kind cooking and dining experiences hosted by some of Toronto’s top restaurants and chefs.
- A Culinary Journey on the Canadian Palais Railway (Palais Royale Ballroom) – Friday, January 29
- High Tea (Casa Loma) – Saturday, January 30, Sunday, January 31, Saturday, February 6 and Sunday February 7
- Four-Hands Dinner with Chefs Vikram Vij & Miheer Shete (Arcadian Studio & Arcadian Loft) – Saturday, January 30
- A Demonstration of Charcuterie and Curing (Rosewater) – Wednesday, February 3
- Savour São Miguel (Malaparte) – Wednesday, February 3
- Bangkok Nights (Bangkok Garden) – Thursday, February 4 and Thursday February 11
- Date Night (Gossip Restaurant) – Thursday, February 4, Friday, February 5, Saturday, February 6 and Thursday, February 11
- Uptown Abbey (Mysteriously Yours) – Friday, February 5 and Saturday, February 6
- Wok N’ Roll (Spice Route) – Monday, February 8
- An Evening Inspired by Song Dong (Frank At The Art Gallery Of Ontario) – Wednesday, February 10
- Pasta Making with Chef Saverio Macri (Cibo Wine Bar) – Wednesday, February 10
2016 Prix Fixe Promotion
From January 29 through February 11, more than 200 restaurants citywide are participating in the Winterlicious Prix Fixe Promotion. Three-course prix fixe lunch menus are priced at $18.00, $23.00 and $28.00, and dinner menus are priced at $25.00, $35.00 and $45.00. Restaurants will be taking reservations for the prix fixe promotion starting on January 14, 2016. Reservations are strongly recommended and can be made directly with the participating dining establishments.
ESKA Natural Spring Water continues as the official water sponsor of the event, featuring both still and sparking water at select restaurants.
More information about the culinary events and a complete list of participating restaurants is available at toronto.ca/winterlicious.
Image: Carrot Cake at Carbon. (Photo: City of Toronto Press Room)