Starting this coming January, Alaska Airlines will add new nonstop service from the Pacific Northwest and the state of Alaska in the north, and from San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego in the south. Eight new routes will appeal to both business and leisure travelers.
The new scheduled service will link these destinations:
- Spokane to Los Angeles (two daily departures) and San Francisco (two daily departures)
- Redmond / Bend, Oregon to Los Angeles, San Diego, and San Francisco
- Boise to Los Angeles (two daily departures)
- Missoula, Montana to Los Angeles
- Anchorage to San Francisco
“We’re excited to offer even more nonstops between vibrant Pacific Northwest communities and our growing hubs in California,” said Brett Catlin, Alaska Airlines managing director of capacity planning and alliances. “Whether it’s travel for a weekend getaway to Missoula or a day trip to San Francisco, we’re proud to offer nearly 600 daily flights between West Coast cities.”
New Spokane service:
|Jan. 7||Spokane-Los Angeles||7:00 a.m.||9:40 a.m.|
|Jan. 7||Spokane-Los Angeles||4:40 p.m.||7:20 p.m.|
|Jan. 7||Los Angeles-Spokane||9:30 a.m.||12:10 p.m.|
|Jan. 7||Los Angeles-Spokane||8:05 p.m.||10:45 p.m.|
|March 19||Spokane-San Francisco||7:00 a.m.||9:28 a.m.|
|March 19||Spokane-San Francisco||4:20 p.m.||5:49 p.m.|
|March 19||San Francisco-Spokane||9:00 a.m.||11:12 a.m.|
|March 19||San Francisco-Spokane||7:35 p.m.||9:47 p.m.|
New Redmond / Bend service:
|Jan. 7||Redmond / Bend-Los Angeles||6:00 p.m.||8:50 p.m.|
|Jan. 7||Los Angeles-Redmond / Bend||8:00 a.m.||10:39 p.m.|
|Jan. 7||Redmond / Bend-San Diego||11:40 a.m.||2:08 p.m.|
|Jan 7||San Diego-Redmond / Bend||2:50 p.m.||5:19 p.m.|
|March 19||Redmond / Bend-San Francisco||7:00 a.m.||8:38 a.m.|
|March 19||San Francisco-Redmond / Bend||6:35 p.m.||8:14 p.m.|
New Boise service:
|March 19||Boise-Los Angeles||7:45 a.m.||8:58 a.m.|
|March 19||Boise-Los Angeles||4:30 p.m.||5:45 p.m.|
|March 19||Los Angeles-Boise||8:30 a.m.||11:33 a.m.|
|March 19||Los Angeles-Boise||7:55 p.m.||10:58 p.m.|
New Missoula service:
|March 19||Missoula-Los Angeles||7:00 p.m.||8:59 p.m.|
|March 19||Los Angeles-Missoula||2:45 p.m.||6:24 p.m.|
New Anchorage service:
|April 21||Anchorage-San Francisco||11:45 a.m.||5:25 p.m.|
|April 21||San Francisco-Anchorage||9:45 a.m.||1:30 p.m.|
The majority of the new routes, with the exception of the San Francisco-Anchorage route, will be served by the Embraer 175 jet. The E175 features window and aisle seating, leaving out the middle seat. The San Francisco-Anchorage route will be served by the Boeing 737. Plus, all of the routes will offer three-class cabins, including First and Premium Classes.
Alaska is also increasing the frequency of flights between certain markets:
- Beginning January 7, there will be an additional flight between San Francisco and Orange County, California, for a total of seven daily nonstops.
- On March 19, there will be the addition of a second daily flight between San Francisco and Chicago O’Hare.
- On January 7, the flight between San Diego and Orlando, which is currently flown five times a week, becomes a daily nonstop service.
- Starting March 19, second daily flights will begin between San Diego and Boise, and San Diego and Santa Rosa, California.
- Also on March 19, nonstop service between San Diego and San Jose, California, increases from four to six flights daily.
- On May 21, a second daily flight between San Diego and Boston goes into service.
For more information, visit alaskaair.com.