In an effort to expand their network and offer passengers more connections to more flights, Delta is continuing to add additional flights and routes to many west coast destinations.
At the end of summer, Delta launched hourly Delta Shuttle service between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The new service mimics Delta’s popular Shuttle service in the Northeast between New York, Boston, Washington, DC and Chicago. Shuttle flights include complimentary beer and wine for all classes as well as a small snack. For the west coast service, Delta partnered up with LYFE Kitchen™ natural foods to offer a healthy snack box for all passengers. Delta Shuttle service offers 15 flights a day, in each direction, between Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Delta’s expanded Los Angeles service includes (effective dates):
- Cancun, MX – 1 daily flight (December 19)
- Jackson Hole, WY – 1 daily flight (December 21) (Seasonal service)
- Kalispell, MT – 1 daily flight (December 21) (Seasonal service)
- Missoula, MT – 1 daily flight (December 21) (Seasonal service)
- Bozeman, MT – 1 daily flight (December 21) (Seasonal service)
- Las Vegas, NV – 9 daily flights (January 6)
- Honolulu, HI – 4 daily flights (April 1)
- Boston, MA – 2 daily flights (April 7)
- Oakland, CA – 8 daily flights (May 1)
- San Jose, CA – 6 daily flights (May 1)
- Portland, OR – 5 daily flights (May 1)
This comes on top of Delta’s recently added and/or increased service to San Jose, CR; New Orleans, LA; Nashville, TN; Kansas City, MO, Las Vegas, NV, Sacramento, CA, Seattle, WA; Puerto Vallarta, MX. Additionally, this past summer, Delta resumed three seasonal routes out of Los Angeles to Anchorage, AK; Boston, MA and Spokane, WA.
“Delta is committed to being the preferred airline for our customers in Los Angeles by providing additional service at more convenient times and during key demand periods,” said Bob Cortelyou, Delta’s senior vice president – Network Planning. “Coupled with our expanding airline partnerships and improved airport customer experience, we offer a superior product in one of the industry’s most competitive markets.”
Delta is remodeling Terminal 5 at LAX in conjunction with its partnership with the City of Los Angeles and Los Angeles World Airports. The current project will double the size of the ticketing lobby and screening checkpoints, open an exclusive, separate Sky Priority lobby and checkpoint, and include renovations to the Delta Sky Club and new baggage carousels.
Making a bigger presence in Seattle
Delta continues to build their Seattle market with new and additional service. New routes will support the expansion of international flights from Sea-Tac International Airport. A fun element for Skymiles members, they can earn double miles on new and expanded service.
Delta’s new Seattle service includes (effective dates):
- London, UK (Heathrow) – 1 daily flight (March 29)
- San Francisco, CA – 6 daily flights (March 29); increasing to 7 daily flights (June 5)
- San Diego, CA – 4 daily flights (June 2)
- Seoul Incheon – 1 daily flight (June 2)
- Hong Kong, HK – 1 daily flight (June 16)
- Portland, OR – 4 daily flights (September 2)
Delta’s expanded Seattle service includes (effective dates):
- Las Vegas, NV – 3 daily flights (January 6), increasing to 5 daily flights (April 1)
- Los Angeles, CA – 7 daily flights (June 5)
“San Francisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles are the three largest West Coast-to-Asia markets in the United States,” said Mike Medeiros, Delta’s vice president – Seattle. “Their addition into this local market will bolster domestic service as well as continue to help support our growing international portfolio in Seattle.”
Seattle is one of Delta’s fastest-growing international gateways. The airline currently operates nonstop service to six international markets including Amsterdam, Beijing, Osaka, Paris, Shanghai-Pudong and Tokyo, and recently announced additional service in 2014 to London-Heathrow, Hong Kong and Seoul, pending government approval. The new and additional flights will allow for convenient connections to all of Seattle’s international Delta flights.