America’s first new mainline airline in nearly 15 years — Avelo Airlines — takes to the skies in April from Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) with travel-inspiring routes and bag-packing low fares. Introductory one-way fares start at $19.00 on all routes. Avelo will offer everyday low fares coupled with a smooth and convenient travel experience. The carrier will fly non-stop, unserved routes between BUR and 11 destinations across the Western U.S.
“Avelo has a simple purpose — to Inspire Travel,” said Avelo Founder, Chairman, and CEO Andrew Levy. “People are ready to reconnect with family and friends and explore new places. Avelo is a different and better kind of airline, built from scratch to offer an affordable, convenient and caring travel experience.”
The Avelo leadership team represents more than 200 years of collective aviation experience. Previously co-founder and president of Allegiant Air and CFO of United Airlines, Levy brings more than two decades of airline leadership experience. In addition to Allegiant and United, Avelo’s leadership team includes former senior executives from Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Northwest Airlines and Spirit Airlines.
“After more than 20 years of steadily shrinking consumer choice, the American flying public wants and deserves more options and lower fares,” said Levy. “Avelo offers both — along with a refreshingly smooth and convenient experience.”
Launching From Burbank
Avelo has selected Hollywood Burbank Airport as its first base. BUR’s convenience to Greater Los Angeles, Customer-friendly compact size and lower costs were all important considerations. In fact, Fodor’s Travel named BUR the “Best U.S. Airport” in 2019. Burbank offers travelers a simpler experience with smaller crowds, shorter walking distances, easy access to parking, and convenient public transportation options.
“Locals know that BUR is LA’s best airport,” said Levy. “No airport is closer to downtown LA, Hollywood, Pasadena, and Southern California’s many other attractions than BUR. As the San Fernando Valley’s hometown airport, BUR will give you easy access to an abundance of beautiful and relaxing new non-stop destinations across California and the Western U.S. And for those considering LA for their next vacation or a long weekend getaway, BUR is the ultra-convenient, stress-free gateway to Greater LA and the world-famous fun-in-the-sun activities Southern California is known for.”
“Hollywood Burbank Airport exemplifies the convenient, caring and smooth experience that distinguishes Avelo,” said Levy. “We’re grateful for the enthusiastic partnership that BUR Executive Director Frank Miller, the airport’s commissioners and staff have welcomed us with. It’s not surprising why BUR is LA’s favorite airport.”
Avelo will initially serve a collection of beautiful and relaxing destinations that are currently unserved from BUR. Avelo’s inaugural routes focus on outdoor recreation, national parks, and coastal and mountain terrain – as well as providing air service for an increasing population of remote workers:
- Arcata / Eureka, CA (ACV), Victorian charm in the heart of California’s Redwood Coast
- Bend / Redmond, OR (RDM), where the snow-capped Cascades surround the high desert
- Bozeman, MT (BZN), the onramp to Big Sky Country and Yellowstone National Park
- Eugene, OR (EUG), where the Willamette Valley begins
- Grand Junction, CO (GJT), where the Colorado River meets dramatic red rock landscapes
- Medford, OR (MFR), a launchpad to the Rogue Valley and Oregon’s wine country
- Pasco, WA (PSC), 300 days of sun in the heart of Washington’s wine country
- Phoenix / Mesa, AZ (AZA), a stress-free airport alternative to a year-round desert oasis
- Odgen, UT (OGD), a convenient Salt Lake City alternative to Utah’s famed mountains
- Redding, CA (RDD), 600 square miles of state and national parks beckon the adventure seeker
- Santa Rosa, CA (STS), the gateway to California’s wine country
Travel Options and Fees
The airline will initially operate single-class, fuel-efficient 189-seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft – offering a more comfortable experience than the regional aircraft often utilized by the airports Avelo serves. Avelo’s everyday low fares include no change fees or call center fees for Customers who choose to make reservations by phone.
Avelo also offers several unbundled travel-enhancing options at industry-low prices giving the flexibility to the travelers:
- First Checked Bag: $10
- Carry-On Overhead Bag: $35
- Priority Boarding: $10
- Pet in the Cabin: $95
- Seating Options: Customers may choose from several seating options. Avelo’s 189-seat 737-800 aircraft will offer 129 standard slimline 29-inch pitch seats. Pre-reserved window and aisle seating starts at $5. Avelo aircraft will also feature 60 seats with 31 to 38 inches of pitch. These seats start at $18.
Flight Routes, Start Dates, and Service Frequency
Santa Rosa, CA (STS) – Starts April 28 – Daily
Pasco, WA (PSC) – Starts April 29 – 3x weekly
Bozeman, MT (BZN) – Starts April 30 – 4x weekly
Phoenix/Mesa, AZ (AZA) – Starts May 3 – Daily
Ogden, UT (OGD) – Starts May 4 – 6x weekly
Grand Junction, CO (GJT) – Starts May 9 – 4x weekly
Medford, OR (MFR) – Starts May 9 – 4x weekly
Eugene, OR (EUG) – Starts May 12 – 4x weekly
Bend/Redmond, OR (RDM) – Starts May 13 – 3x weekly
Arcata/Eureka, CA (ACV) – Starts May 19 – 4x weekly
Redding, CA (RDD) – Starts May 29 – 3x weekly
For more information, including introductory fares and schedules, visit AveloAir.com.