Responding to an increase in demand, Amtrak and their regional partner, The Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority (NNEPRA), have restored additional schedules along the route of the Amtrak Downeaster between Brunswick and Boston.
The second phase of service restoration includes four round-trip service options, restoration of select station operations, and daily train service. The prior phase was one round-trip that was limited to weekdays only. View the new schedule.
Several protocols and procedures have been implemented to protect the health and safety of passengers and crews, including:
- Trains will be sanitized and disinfected daily with enhanced cleaning between trips.
- Face coverings are required for crews and passengers on board trains and in stations.
- The number of riders is limited to no more than 50% of available seating capacity to support physical distancing guidelines.
- Amtrak eTicketing allows for touchless tickets collection; cash sales are not accepted.
- Enhanced cleaning, training and social distancing protocols have been implemented at the Downeaster Café, including installation of plexiglass partitions at the service counter and a pilot program for at-seat service. The Café table seating area will remain closed.
- Enhanced cleaning, training and social distancing protocols have been implemented at Downeaster station facilities.
Vist Amtrak Downeaster for complete details.