A small-group tour company in 15 destinations worldwide, Walks, released a new virtual and interactive tour series designed to bring the world home for its guests. While much of the global population shelters in place, Walks recognizes the value and the need to make travel experiences safely accessible.
“’Tours from Home‘ is a new way for guests to see the world, accompanied by expert Walks guides. These are incredible storytellers in amazing destinations like Rome, London, and New York City, and all experts in an ever-expanding selection of topics and themes,” said Stephen Oddo, CEO, and Co-Founder. “I’m a father, and I know the strain families are underdoing their best to give their kids quality educational experiences at home while still working full time. These tours are so educational, exciting, and fun – we made sure to include several the whole family can do together, like learning to make pasta with a professional chef in Rome. During this difficult and uncertain time, Tours From Home is a fantastic way for families to learn and connect with each other, for us in the travel industry to continue to support our wonderful guides, and for all of us to continue to explore our beautiful world.”
The series features professional guides with live and interactive experiences, including:
- Specialized tours inspired by the Easter holiday
- A Behind the Scenes experience of the Big Apple’s feature attractions, including the scandals and secrets of New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art
- A Royal tour of London that brings you up close to witness the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
Key Features of the Tours:
- Professional guides, creatively adapting Walks in-person tours for virtual consumption
- Open Q&A time at the end of each tour; guests can even ask them what they’re up to during lockdown in some of the hardest-hit cities like Rome, New York City and London
- Guides are screen sharing and using visual aids for their presentations
- Focus on storytelling and little-known facts
- Walks adapted its booking platform to include a Zoom integration and will expand the program to include many more themes and destinations over coming weeks
- Each virtual tour costs $10.00 and guests receive a $25.00 credit for a future live Walks tour (valid for two years), to enable them to explore in person when travel resumes
- If you love your guide (which we know you will!), you can tip them directly; It’s a powerful way to support these guides during this unprecedented disruption in the tourism industry
Additionally, Walks has provided complimentary 360-degree video tours or virtual experiences for those that want flexibility of tuning in on YouTube viewable by mobile phone, YouTube app or VR device: https://www.youtube.com/walkstours
Need a social media fix? You can follow the guide spotlight program on Walks’ Facebook and Instagram accounts, featuring their profiles and what they’re up to during the travel restrictions and shelter in place orders.